Sunday, October 2, 2011

My New Writing Cave


I have a new writing cave! 

Today, I had a fit of epic proportions. Why is it my hubby gets his own work space, and I have none?  The toughest challenge I have had over the last few months, is that I really don't have a place to call my own when I feel the creatives juices flowing. And to make it even worse, my hubby works from home.

Major distraction.

Did I mention that he paces? His job requires him to be on the phone...A LOT...which means, he walks from one end of the house to the other.

On both levels.

And he talks rather loud.

Don't get me wrong--it has its ups sides too. Like, if I get sick, or need to run an important errand (book shopping doesn't count, lol) or if I am in knee-deep in something, and can't leave---My hubby will sometimes pick up the slack and get the kids from school.

But I am the type of writer that needs utter quiet when I write. I haven't figured out you ladies do it--playing music and writing--and I wish that I could write with constant interruptions or background noise. So, my new writing cave is in my bedroom. It's quiet--it has a bathroom, a balcony covered porch with two comfy chairs, and a ceiling fan, and....a bed :)

Now, if I can only figure out how to keep the kids from constantly knocking on the door--I'll be golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels