Friday, January 13, 2012

18 & OLDER BLOGGER FOLLOW



18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines. This is a Friday blog hop with the objective to find and visit other book blogs that share the same interest as you, namely books geared towards the 18 & over crowd, and make some new friends!


How to join in:


-You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads, some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.


-Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.


-Copy the button above and place it at the top of your post.


-List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’


-Place your name and blog title in the linky on RBTW's blog and the url for a direct link to your post.


-Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back.  It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!-Contact Crystal at readingbetweenthewines10@gmail.com with any questions!



QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

 
What is, or was, your most anticipated release this month ~ January?




This is my most anticipated read EVER for the month. 

Let me give you a bit of backstory:
A very good friend told me about the first book of the series, First Grave On The Right, and said, "You've gotta read this book-I can't stop laughing, it's fantastic!"
Being that this very good friend has never steered me wrong in a book rec, I bought it that same day.

AND I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN!

I was immediately pulled into the unique world that the author, Darynda Jones, had created and sucker punched by the hotness of her male character: Reyes. The term "HAWT" doesn't even cover it.
He is dark, mysterious, sexy, and bad to the bone.

The heroine of the story, Charley Davidson, is one snarky bad-ass bitch in her own right--with issues, lol. LOTS of issues--who finds herself in the role of the Grim Reaper. She reminds me of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum with a paranormal twist.

5 star ratings for ALL of D's books: A series that I pimp out regularly with kudos of praise and OMG's...her books are on my keeper shelf.


















What book has you itching to buy as soon as it hits the stores?
Please leave a comment and share ~

13 comments:

  1. I've not read this series, must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, It's a MUST READ series, but then, you probably got that from my post, lol. Let me know if you read it--I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series but I will have to check it out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment-I would love to know what you think of D and her Charley Davidson series if you read it.

      Delete
  3. I loved Third Grave! Charley and Reyes' relationship definitely changes in this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't friggin WAIT---dyin' here.
    I never received my ARC confirmation from her Publisist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't get mine from the publisher. A friend of mine sent her ARC around. But I'm going to have to buy it when it comes out anyways because the ending has been changed.

      Delete
    2. I've heard about that--and glad that she changed it. A friend of mine who read it told me what happened to that particular person **AHEM** and it no longer applies to the final edition.
      :)

      Delete
  5. Darynda Jones is one of my New Year's resolutions. She has such great buzz about her series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have book 1 in my tbr pile - must get to it.

    New follower :)

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat ~
      Thanks for the new follow :)
      And I'm heading over to follow you too!
      I truly enjoyed this series, and I hope you do as well.

      Delete
  7. I have this series on my TBR list, can't wait to get to it!
    Hope you had a great weekend, thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal ~ I hope you enjoy it as much as I have...my fave reads of last year.

      Delete

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels