Friday, January 13, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: DANGEROUS MAGIC ~ DONNA GRANT



Title:  Dangerous Magic (Sisters of Magic, Book 3)
Author:  Donna Grant
Format: Kindle Edition

File Size: 303 KB

Where To Find The Author:
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads
Blog





Book Blurb:


With the darkness holding firmly onto his soul, Cade knows he's destined for Hell. Men like him don't perform the deeds he has, regardless if they came by order of the king, and not elude the darkness.

A loner, even keeping far away from towns, Cade takes what the land provides and vows to keep the two men he thought of as brothers alive from the great evil after them.
He knows his time is short and the evil is looking for him, but there is just enough humanity left in him to aid his friends.

Book Review

Dangerous Magic is the third book of the Sisters of Magic Series. Although, you can read DM without reading the first two books, I highly recommend NOT doing that--There is a build-up here, people. And it plays a major role in the overall development and climax of this series.
The reader gets to meet Cade in the first book and see the complete character ARC. It's also where I first fell for the man. He was dark, mysterious, and deliciously aloof--I wanted more.



Sisters Of Magic Book One

Sisters of Magic Book Two

Donna is truly an epic writer when it comes to the historical romance genre--this is where she shines. You can tell she takes her research seriously when writing. She places the reader in 12th century England and paints a vivid picture of the surroundings in the true language of that time.
Because this IS a series, the reader can truly get to know her characters and grow to love them. Cade instantly stood apart from the others for me. I wanted his book to be next.
If you are a lover of historical romance with a touch of the paranormal ~ Donna is your go-to gal. She has published several books in this genre ~  All of them great reads for the hopeless romantic. 

This book features Cade, the ultimate tortured hero with a secretive past, who feels he is fated to die alone.

You don't deserve happiness. And God forgive him, it was the truth. Nigel wasn't the only one who needed to die. He did as well.
There are some serious hot moments in here, with instant heat and attraction between Cade and Francesca.

It was all he wanted. Just one taste. His head lowered until their lips were nearly brushing. Her magic washed over him, making his skin quiver and his heart quicken. And then he realized that if her magic could affect him, his darkness could affect her.
There is a tremendous build-up to the climax of this book. Nigel, the villan of all three books, has sold his soul to the big man downstairs and represents the ultimate evil. He is hell-bent (HAH)  in destroying Cade. He lies, kills, and uses a deadly force to seek revenge on those residing in and around Wolfglynn. And that is where things fell for me in this series. I was disappointed in the wrap-up...maybe I missed something, but I was expecting a bit more. Maybe I'm just a blood thirsty bitch, but I wanted Nigel to suffer more, and when that didn't happen,  I was left with a WTF moment. His death was too damn quick.

Overall, I still remain a HUGE Donna Grant fan. She pulls at my heart strings and writes such beautiful, poetic words that make me swoon.

Adrianna might have healed my body, but you healed my soul, witch. Never forget that.
See what I mean? SWOON...





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels