Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sizzlin HAWT Series Challenge 2012

If you are like me, you probably have a ton of books in your TBR pile and have promised yourself that you will start that series...and just never get back to it.

I have a TON of series that I am dying to get to reading.

So, I thought I'd offer a challenge to help motivate me (and you) to get started.
The rules are simple:

  • Pick as many series as you want to read for the year 2012. They can be in any genre (Contemporary Romance, YA, Paranormal, Erotica, Historical, etc). And they do NOT have to be a finished series (Example: The Hunger Games Trilogy is a Finished Series, however, The Black Daggerhood Series is not, but both can be listed)---the point is to CATCH UP to the current book in that particular series (by the end of the year).
  • List your participation in this challenge on your blog and post the link below at the end of this post. Also-By Feb. 1, 2012, you should have listed the series that you want to catch up on your blog.  Title, author, and genre so that others may jot them down if they are interested in reading them.
  • Tell how many books are currently in that series.
  • Every time you finish a series, post about it on your blog-reviews are NOT necessary, but are encouraged. Tell what you like, didn't like about it. Would you reccomend this series?
  • At the end of the year, tally how many completed series that you have read.
  • You MUST be a follower of my blog-and if you go to other sites that are participating, check them out and leave a comment if you can. Bloggin is hard word that takes a shit-ton of dedication. Let them know what you think.
  • Copy/Paste the button above on your blog so others can see it and check it out.
Example of posting a series:

1.  The Black Dagger Brotherhood ~ JR Ward  (9)  Romance/Paranormal
This is a great example because there will be another BDB book released in 2012. If you read it by the end of the year, then you have COMPLETED that series.

You can list as many series as you'd like...

When you post your completed series on your blog, come back here to post the link.
If you are interested in participating in this READING CHALLENGE, post your link below-make sure it is the link that takes you to your blogsite--and includes your interest in the challenge. 
Also, include the banner/button above in your posting. I do not know how to show a code, so to do this, I copy/paste as a pic, and embed the link in the pic.

In order to give people a chance to think about what series they want to enter, I will have this post and link open for the month of Jan. No further entries after January 31, 2012.
And to be fair to all, do not include any books read prior to January 31, 2012.

Start of challenge: Feb. 1, 2012
End of challenge:  Dec. 31, 2012

Level One (1-3) Series Completed = Sparkle and Sizzle
Level Two (4-6) Series Completed  = Feelin' The Burn
Level Three (7-10) Series Completed = Positivily Scorchin'

As this is new to me (offering challenges), please bear with any unforseen errors that may occur on my part. I have just figured out the linky thing--and hope that it works **crosses fingers**
And and ALL mistakes are my own--

*****If you are computer savvy (unlike moi), and LOVE to do blog buttons, I will gladly consider any ideas for this...I can offer you kudos and thanks and your name on the button.  If you are interested, please contact me. *****

There will be a prize at the end of the year!  I will put all names of the ones that reach a Level Three or more into a metaphorical hat (random.org) and select a grand prize winner.

Grand Prize: $25.00 Amazon Gift Card -- to purchase more books, what else?
Winner will be selected after December 31, 2011 and posted on my blog-Please be sure to leave a comment below if you wish to participate along with your email address so that I may contact you if you win.

Also, any advice/help/input  about this READING CHALLENGE will be greatly appreciated.

Contest/Prize is open to INTL...as long as you have an address that I can send to, I will mail the prize.

Happy Reading!
CS Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels