18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines. This is a Friday blog hop with the objective to find and visit other book blogs that share the same interest as you, namely books geared towards the 18 & over crowd, and make some new friends!
How to join in:
-You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads, some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.
-Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.
-Copy the button above and place it at the top of your post.
-List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’
-Place your name and blog title in the linky on RBtW's blog post along with your URL for a direct link to your post.
-Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!
-Contact Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Question of the Week: We all know that in romance, authors each have their own unique phrases when referring to those special man and lady bits or the act of those bits getting together. ;) What is one or a few of the silliest phrases you have read?
There are quite a few...lol. But I have to say up front that the word "penis" during a sex scene cracks me up for some reason. Don't know why....
1. tumescence --- what the hell is that? I have to get out a DICKtionary to look up that one.
2. Impaled her with his shaft. --- Really? You stabbed her? And shaft....the theme music for the t.v. show automatically runs through my mind with shaft.
3. Cunny.....I'm sorry but cunny is just damn funny.
4. Quim....I still cannot find the definition of this anywhere...and it shouldn't be considered a word if you're playing Words With Friends and it won't even accept it. Just sayin'.
5. Nubbin---Yet another one of those words that just make me snicker aloud and then this phrase runs through my head --> "Nubbin says lovin like buns in the oven"...Man, after re-reading this blog post, I think I may be a bit off my rocker, BWAHHHH.
That's all I can think of for now....must update this posting when I run across some more that make me giggle.
What about you? What word(s) or phrases crack you up in a sex scene and should be forever banned?