Wednesday, April 11, 2012

GUEST AUTHOR BLOGGER- CECILIA ROBERT

~I'd like to welcome Cecilia Robert to the blog today~

Welcome!

Today, I am on vaca from bloggin' (lol) and letting Cecilia sit in my nice and comfy chair to take over my laptop. Pardon all the empty coffee cups and half drunk Pepsi cans; I don't have maid service--YET!!  BWAHHHHH.

Cecilia Robert is the author of Truly, Madly, Deeply, You--from Inkspell Publishing. It's in eBook format and is a novella.

Book Excerpt:

Four days before Valentine’s Day, Liese Hansfeld is determined to shut the door to her house, as well as her heart, for her annual four days of mourning her one true love. Little does she know her best friend Freytag Meier is just as determined to keep her from her ritual. He’s ready to pick the lock to her apartment door and camp in her living room if that’s what it takes.




What Freytag isn’t prepared for is the surge of deep-rooted emotions he feels for Liese, but two things stand in his way: the grief and guilt she still clutches close to her heart, and a man who threatens to snatch Liese from under Frey’s watchful eye. Frey is determined to distract her into forgetting her pain. But is that enough to ease her grief, or help her see he can be more than her best friend?


Welcome, Cecilia---and have fun!

Thank you for hosting me on your blog, C.S. Maxwell


Writing helps me to connect with my inner self, as well as explore ideas and see how far my creativity can take me. But if I was to write all the time with no other activities in between to break the monotony, I am sure I’d probably end up detesting the writing itself, not to mention, run out of ideas eventually. There is nothing worse than sitting in front of the laptop, with fingers hovering over the keyboard and no idea of what to write. So to break the writing monotony, as well as get some fresh air and live a life, I take breaks and include some stuff in my daily routine.

1. Day time work: I work as an assistant nurse 30 hours in the week, but in actual fact totals to 40. It isn’t the easiest job in the world – but what job is? The most rewarding thing about it is, to see the impact your work on the people. And as a side thing: I get to study people.

2. Take any and every opportunity I get to spend time with my two children.

3. Knitting and crocheting: I enjoy this immensely. This helps me think things through, whether it has anything to do with my writing or just life in general, this is one activity that calms me. The good thing is, I can knit while watching TV or listening to music.

4. Read: Other than an afternoon nap, this is one of the most relaxing ways to relax. I usually do my reading in bed, or on the sofa in the living room. And when I have to go to work, I read in the bus or in the train.

5. Perform house-ly duties: laundry, clean and cook.

6. Archery: I started this last year in September after a friend convinced me I wasn’t going to shoot myself in the foot. I found the therapeutic value in it – back problems that come with my profession - as well as how fun it was just shooting arrow after arrow.

7. Sleep: I am a HUGE fan of sleeping. I love sleeping in, especially on the weekends.

8. Watch TV/movie: There’s nothing like a good movie to get those creative juices flowing.

9. Shopping. Yes. I LOVE shopping. Shoes, clothes, or just window shopping. I’m all for it.

10. Hanging out with my friends, either in beautiful, old cafes here in Vienna, going dancing or just in the park for a walk.



GREAT BLOG, CECILIA--THANKS FOR STOPPING BY AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NOVELLA.
 
For more information about our guest blogger, Cecilia Robert, click here.
 
What about you? What do you do to help you break from the monotony of your every day-to-day life?
Leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi C.S., your chair is mighty comfortable. I don't mind the empty coffee cups and half-empty cans...you allowed me to camp on blog for the day. It's all worth it.. :D

    Thanks again much for letting me take over while you vacationed. :D

    Cheers!

    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cecilia-
      I was happy to participate in your guest blog post-So sorry that I am just getting back to you, my RL has been rather hectic.
      I have purchased your book and have started reading it--I like it so far. I am sure that I'll be using a box of tissues before I am done. I'll let you know when I finish it.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels