Saturday, April 21, 2012

IN MY MAILBOX

In My Mailbox is a weekly Meme hosted by Story Siren.


The Story Siren mainly features books from the Young Adult genre, which I do occasionally read. I have followers here that also read from this genre. I do purchase some Young Adults and have a few favorite series that I follow.


How IMM works:


1.  Make your own IMM post! The Story Siren does a post every week, but you don’t have to. You can do one week out of the month or every other week it’s up to you. Be sure to link back to The Story Siren blog, so that other people wanting to participate know where to get the information to do so!


2.  I post my IMM on Sunday, but choose a day of the week that works for you.


3.  Once you have your IMM posted, come back to The Story Siren on Sunday and add your link to the list.


4.  Try to post a comment on other bloggers IMM posts. I don’t expect you to post a comment on every single one, but pick a few!

 

5.  All book bloggers are welcome, while I’d like to keep the theme to exclusively YA literature-- it’s NOT a requirement.

 

**You do not have to get permission to participate in this weekly meme-Simply make a post, and join by including your link here.


Here are the books, including blurbs, of the books that I purchased this past week.


 

Title: Catch Me A Cowboy ( Deep In The Heart Of Texas, Book Three)

Author: Katie Lane

Publisher: Forever

Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages

Release Date: April 1, 2012






 

Shirlene Dalton has it all: a dream marriage to a man who spoils her rotten and the most outrageous mansion Bramble, Texas, has ever seen. But when her husband unexpectedly dies, Shirlene finds herself right back where she started-in a rundown trailer on the wrong side of the tracks. Never the type to let a little bad luck and a whole heap of heartache get her down, Shirlene is ready to prove to the local gossips she can make it on her own... until she ends up living next door to the most tempting cowboy in town.

Billy Wilkes has a score to settle and a plan to wipe Bramble right off the map. But when his sexy, redheaded neighbor figures out what he's up to, his good ol' boy charm won't be enough to save him. With the town on his tail, Billy will have to come clean quick -- or kiss Shirlene goodbye.

I reviewed Katie's second book in the series, Make Mine A Bad Boy, back in December of last year. If you would like to read the review (gave 4 Stars), just click here. I also had fun doing a a Q & A with the author.  


 

Title: About That Night ( FBI/ US Attorney ~ Book Three) 

Author: Julie James

Publisher: Berkley Sensation

Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages

Release Date: April 3, 2012

 

 

 

HE’S PLAYING GAMES

Though Rylann Pierce tried to fight the sparks she felt for billionaire heir Kyle Rhodes the night they met, their sizzling chemistry was undeniable. But after being stood up on their first date, Rylann never expected to see him again. So when she finds herself face to face with Kyle in a courthouse nine years later, she’s stunned. More troubling to the beautiful Assistant U.S. Attorney is that she’s still wildly attracted to him.

BUT SHE’S MAKING THE RULES

Just released from prison, Kyle Rhodes isn’t thrilled to be the star witness in a high-profile criminal case — but when Rylann comes knocking at his door, he finds she may be the one lawyer he can’t say no to. Still as gorgeous and sharp-tongued as ever, she lays down the law: she doesn’t mix business with pleasure. But Kyle won’t give up on something he wants — and what he wants is the one woman he’s never forgotten...




Title: Twisted (Tracers, Book Five)

Author: Laura Griffin

Publisher: Pocket Star

Mass Market Paperback: 400 pages

Release Date: April 17th, 2012


 

 



Motive, opportunity, and no alibi—it seems close to a slam-dunk. But while rookie detective Allison Doyle’s department has ID’d a suspect in a young woman’s vicious murder, she is uneasy. Then legendary FBI profiler Mark Wolfe shows up with a startling theory: if he’s right, the real murderer is an elusive psychopath just days away from another kill.

Using Allison’s contacts at the Delphi Center crime lab, Wolfe is finally in striking distance of the monster he’s pursued for ten years. Except that as they work together, Wolfe finds the ambitious, stubborn woman a tempting distraction. And with this brutal predator, every thread of evidence can make the difference between being the hunter . . . and the prey.




Title: Love's Rhythm

Author: Lexxi Couper

Publisher: Samhain Publishing, eBook

Novel Length: 155 pages

Release Date: April 17, 2012






 

His music moves the world. Can his love move her heart?

Nick Blackthorne knows all about words of love. They’re the reason he’s the world’s biggest rock star. The irony? He turned his back on love a long time ago, lured away by the trappings of fame.

An invitation to a friend’s wedding is a stark reminder of how meaningless his life has becomes. When he enters that church, there’s only one woman he wants on his arm—the one he walked out on a lifetime ago. But first he has to find her, even if all she accepts from him is an apology.

Kindergarten teacher Lauren Robbins once had what every woman on the planet desires. Nick. Their passion was explosive, their romance the stuff of songs…and it took fifteen years to get over him. Then out of the blue Nick turns up at her door, and all those years denying her ache for him are shattered with a single, smoldering kiss.

But molten passion can’t hide the secret she’s kept for all these years. Because it’s not just her heart on the line anymore…and not just her life that’ll be rocked by the revelation.

**Product Warnings--Remember your first crush on a rock star? Now add smoldering sex, a raw and undeniable passion, soul-shattering orgasms. And secrets…




Title: Play Me

Author: Kaily Hart

Publisher: Ellora's Cave, eBook

Release Date: March 11, 2011

Novel Length: 96 pages







 

Lily Hamilton had her quiet, predictable life all mapped out, including a hot-shot attorney for a fiancé. That is until she catches him screwing around and takes off in his prized Mercedes, for once not giving a damn where she’s headed. How clichéd is that?

Gabriel Jackson is raw and disillusioned. Driving a tow truck is a far cry from the dangerous career he turned his back on, but when he finds the classy blonde in a dangerous part of LA, he’s immediately back in the role of protector.

Lily is hot and sweet and so out of his league it’s not funny, yet Gabe can’t deny the sizzling heat between them. He thinks he wants hard, fast and rough—until he gets his hands on her. He knows he should stay the hell away, but Lily makes him feel, really feel, for the first time in two years. Is she just slumming or can she see beyond the harsh, broken façade to the man beneath? A man who dreams of making her his?


What about you? What books made it to your mailbox (or kindle, or Nook, etc...)?

8 comments:

  1. Nice! These are new to me but I hope you enjoy em all!

    My IMM will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica~
      I'll stop by and visit you to see what goodies you got :)
      I am almost done reading Catch Me A Cowboy, which is really good and Play Me was a really good hot read.
      Hope you have a great weekend, too.

      Delete
  2. New to me too, though I think I recognize a few from around the blogs. :) Hope you enjoy--Love's Rhythm sounds great, look forward to your thoughts on it!
    Enjoy,
    TBQ
    TBQ's Book Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBQ--
      I am almost done with Catch Me A Cowboy--which is the third book in the series. I really enjoyed these books. Very humorous--Southern style--and a little steamy lovin.
      Play Me was a decent hot read :) and I would give it 4 stars---review to come soon.
      I am also reading Love's Rhythm and so far its okay. Will let you know.
      Hope you have a fantastic Sunday, and as always--thanks for all the comments that you leave me :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these since I read/blog YA but I do hope you enjoy everything that you got in your mailbox this week! :)

    You can stop on over to see my IMM video and post this week at the link below-- Happy Reading!! :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lea~
      Thanks for stopping by. Although I mainly read adult romance, I do tend to read some YA...just haven't picked up any this week.
      I read Immortal City last week by Scott Spear--it was a great book!
      I'm always looking for a great book, no matter what the genre ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi Trish :)

    Yes Morganville is like my sick YA pleasure, I've been reading that series for soooo long so yes I love them even though I'm growing tiresome of YA books lately.

    Your books all look so sexy this week! :) Hope you enjoy them I'll have to look them up on GR.

    The Thea Harrison series I'm excited to start because I'm in the mood for some sexy PNR, and so my friend Annie @ UTC and I are going to buddy read then this week! :)

    P.s. Jill Myles Succubus series, oh wow she writes the sexiest and dirtiest love scenes and I can't get enough!! They're sizzling hot, and she has probably written my most favorite love triangle ever!!! I have a favorite (the bad boy Zane of course) but I wouldn't mind if she ended up with both that how fun and sexy and hilarious this series is! If you read them let me know. :)

    Thanks for visiting my IMM!! Have a wonderful week girl!:) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Vain~I have a few YA series that I am reading, with Cassandra Clare's Immortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices my fave. It has been a while since I've read Caine's books...and I'm 2 behind. I go through moods...sometimes, if I need something fresh and different, I'll read YA; then, if I need smexy, I'll be back to reading Adult Romance...The last YA I read was the Immortal City by Scott Spear, and I enjoyed it. I think it's gonna be a series.
      I just finished Catch Me A Cowboy---if you love funny Southern humor with a tinge of spice, you should love it.
      What is a buddy read? That sounds interesting...
      You've convinced me that I need to put Jill Myles's series closer to the top of my TBR, lol....I'll let you know when I read her :) Okay--which book is Zane in? And what series has the love triangle? I'll start there, lol.
      Thanks again for commenting...I love to talk to other readers and bloggers.
      I hope you have a great week, too!

      Delete

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels