This short story collection includes the following:
- Chainsaw Chicks of Chinese Camp: Are the legends true? Are four amazons lying in wait in this tiny rural town for their perfect boy toys to come along and play with them?
- Zap: While researching a possible preventative for epileptic seizures, a scientist stumbles onto a very interesting use for her new app.
Take Me To Your Leader: In this 1940s retro tale, a military translator gets up close and personal with some newly-landed alien emissaries.
- The Gnome World Order: Find out what really goes on underneath those seemingly innocent pointed red hats.
Little Shoppe of Enchantments: Augustus Pound takes a wrong turn with some rather questionable results. This version includes the longer alternate ending, not available anywhere else!
- Cowboy: They seemed like ordinary women in the greasy spoon in town, but they had plans for Jack Barnes and his equipment.
- Rosa Erotica: Lyrical and touching. A 500-word ode to the spirit of the rose goddess and a warrior's epiphany.
Excerpt from Zap:
The next day, she made a few alterations to her application, reverseda few things, and then waited for Richard to make his morning appearance. She didn’t have long to wait.
“Good morning,” he said, right behind her ear.
“Good morning, Richard,” said Veronica, then she tapped the button.
Instantly the sound of coffee splashing all over the floor met her
ears, and she turned to see her nemesis staggering backwards until he crashed into the cubicle wall, which threatened to topple into the next space over. His eyes were partly rolled up into his head and he was moaning and gasping, his twitching body slowly sinking
horizontally onto a filing cabinet. With a grin that was triumphant,
surprised and slightly sadistic, she tapped the button again to see
what would happen when she turned the app off.
A noticeable wet stain at the front of a medium-sized pants tent
caught her attention. Had the poor man wet himself?
“Ohgod,” was all he could manage for at least five minutes as he
recovered. Veronica began to wonder if she should call a medic, and coworkers started to crowd in her doorway to see what the hell had happened.
“It’s all right,” she reassured them. “Still working on that epilepsy
app. Must have reversed something.”
“That was... that was...” Richard spit out, trying to regain the gift
of language. “Fucking incredible...”
Confused, Veronica stared at him.
“Incredi... mind-blowing. Best orgasm ever...”
Now that, she hadn’t expected. But something about it sounded vaguely familiar. She turned her back on her human lab rat as the embarrassed coworkers made themselves useful elsewhere. A quick search on “epilepsy” and “orgasm” brought up research on the phenomenon known as the “orgasmic aura,” a state of spontaneous climax that some epilepsy victims experienced at the onset of a seizure. She could hear Richard slowly collecting himself behind her.
“Again,” he finally moaned.
“Do it again!” His hand gripped her shoulder and she turned, finding herself face-to-face with a pair of desperate, lust-filled eyes. His other hand shot out and gripped her throat. Unable to cry out for help, she did the only thing she could think of to incapacitate the madman – she hit the button again.