Tuesday, May 1, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: UNDER A VAMPIRE MOON ~ LYNSAY SANDS



Title: Under A Vampire Moon
Author: Lynsay Sands
Publisher: Avon
Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
Release Date: April 24, 2012

Reviewer purchased own copy of book

Links to purchase book:

Amazon / B&N  / BAM



What I love about the Argeneau Series is the quirky humor that plays a major role in these books. Lynsay tickles the funny bone while teasing you with her sexy characters. I must admit that I have found the last one or two books of her series not my favorites, but I am a dedicated reader. And unless the book has taken a major turn for the worse, I tend to finish a series.





Under A Vampire Moon is the story of Christian Notte and how he finds his mate, Carolyn Connor on the uber romantic isle of St. Lucia.  There is zip-lining, boating, an exclusive beach resort, and yeah---one HOT smexy vamp that is trying to keep it a secret that he is a vamp.

Book Blurb:


Christian Notte's story, the sixteenth book in the Argeneau series is set on an island paradise called St. Lucia. After a bad relationship and an even worse divorce, Carolyn decides to go on a long overdue and much needed vacation with the 'girls'. Only the rest of the vacationers didn't get the memo. Around every corner there seems to be another couple celebrating their honeymoon or anniversary and the few single men she does see are far too young to even consider, including an irresistibly attractive rock violinist she meets. It's really too bad he's so young but in the end it doesn't matter because according to his cousin, Giacinta, women in general aren't Christian's type. But there's a catch, Christian needs Carolyn's help. He needs her to be his beard (to play the part of his fake girlfriend) for the week to appease his 'machismo' family. Carolyn just can't seem to say No and decides to help Gia's cousin. The only problem is that being around Christian and acting like they are a loving couple is wreaking havoc on her emotions. Carolyn's thoughts keep drifting back to places they shouldn't, like kissing his full lips or feeling his broad shoulders under her fingertips... good lord, she's in trouble.




I was ready to pack my bags and take a trip by the end of this book. And it also made me realize why I love Sands' books in the first place.

You get to visit with the familiar vampires of her stories--and Marguerite is at it again with her match-making.  There is also someone trying to kill Carolyn...

Usually with a series that has a ton of books under their belt, there's a chance that the books kind of fizzle out. But I don't see that happening in Lynsay's case. There seems to be more stories to tell--and I for one am looking forward to just where she will take me. 



Click here for more on Lynsay Sands and her many, many, books.






2 comments:

  1. Hey Triah :)

    I need to read this series, it's on my never ending Tbr pile. LOL!! Great review!! I'm all about the sexy reads, and this one looks very sexy!;)

    Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Vain~
      Lynsay's series is pretty good-with some books being better than others. But Under A Vampire Moon was surprisingly funny and smexy and a joy to read. It will go down as one of my faves of this series.
      Thanks for the comment.

      Delete

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels