Friday, June 1, 2012

18 AND OLDER BOOK BLOGGER FOLLOW



18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines. This is a Friday blog hop with the objective to find and visit other book blogs that share the same interest as you, namely books geared towards the 18 & over crowd, and make some new friends!



How to join in:


-You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads, some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.


-Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.

-Copy the button above and place it at the top of your post.


-List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’


-Place your name and blog title in the linky on RBtW's Blogger Follow post with the URL for a direct link to your post.

-Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back.  It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!


-Contact Crystal at readingbetweenthewines10@gmail.com with any questions!


Question of the Week: Is there a super hawt & smexy book that you've read and loved but would die if you ever caught your mom reading?
 


Answer:  My mom is the reason I started reading romance books in the first place. She used to get Harlequin Presents every month in the mail. And I snuck to read 'SHANNA' by Kathleen Woodiwiss when I was but a young lass, lol. I was weened on the classics--The Wolf And The Dove, The Flame and The Flower, A Rose in Winter, Come Love A Stranger.  Then I had a period where I didn't read romance that much. But I still loved to read.
I rediscovered romance a few years later and read Cassie Edwards, Johanna Lindsey and Jude Devereaux...A Knight In Shining Armor still makes me sob.
 
 
 
 

 
However, I don't think my mom would enjoy the authors that I now read and love--JR Ward, Lauren Dane, Maya Banks, Jaci Burton, Cynthia Eden, etc--and I know she wouldn't read paranormal romance--AT ALL. So, yeah, I would be shocked as hell if she picked up my kindle. In fact, I would demand it back, lol.
 
In reality, my mom's vision is sub-par and she hasn't read a book in ages, so I don't have to worry that she will peek in my kindle to see what I am reading. But she has been bugging the hell out me to read my manuscript.  My reply? "Absolutely not--unless you promise not to slap me into next week with every F-Bomb that my character drops."  Not to mention the use of my favorite word for the male anatomy--cock--I think she would faint dead away. Or stroke out. Maybe both.





 
What about you? I'd love to hear your answer to this week's Book Blogger Follow!

12 comments:

  1. I once had a mini panic attack at work. I had my Nook out getting ready to take my lunch break and one of my coworkers picked it up and was going to wake it up. I just about died.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin~
      Thanks for hopping over here! I can only imagine your panic attack--sometimes I forget when I am listening to audio in the car, and the peeps at drive-thrus will give me either a shocked expression or a huge smile :)
      I hide my eBook readers out my kids sight---Lord knows that would be too much explaining for me. LOL.
      I still haven't recovered from the time my 8 yr old discovered my bullett in the nightstand--GAH!
      Have a super weekend!

      Delete
  2. Hi sweetie. Can not wait til you finish your book. My mom also reads the lighter romance. Have a nice weekend.

    My Answer:
    http://wickedlydeliciousbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/18-over-book-blogger-follow-31.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wickedly Delish---You and ME both--I swear, moving right now is killing my writing time. I am the type of writer who needs complete solitude to write. UGH!
      Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  3. Oh I agree. There are some romance novels I recommend for my mom, but the wild ones, no way. You had some Hot pics. women! Nice. Mom and Smexy books

    Amanda @ Sisters Unedited

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sisters Unedited~
      Thanks for stopping here and leaving a comment :)
      And I'm glad you enjoy my pics, they are pretty nice, no?

      Delete
  4. LoL I don't think I'd want my mom reading anything I wrote either because I know there would be a lot of Cock in it. Hehe
    Thanks for joining in the follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal ~
      Hey sweetums! Thanks for stopping by and visiting me.
      Cock is like my fave word, lol. And I shudder to think of the smexy scenes that I have written and my mom reading them, lol.

      Delete
  5. It is so funny because one of my favorite genres is menage. I love Maya Banks, Sophie Oak, Heather Rainier, Lauren Dane, etc.. and my sister reads the same. So my mom is always asking if this is one of those books with more then 1 man and then she gets all disgusted. LOL The thing is my mom is only 65 and I'm 40/my sister 44 and I can remember when I was a kid she was always reading Harlequin romance novels and granted they don't have menage but back then she read some smutty ones!! :) It cracks me and my sister up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariann~
      I love a great menage and I have recently discovered a great author who puts an emotional punch with her works--Kelly Jamieson...check her out, if you haven't read her. I just finished One Wicked Night--and her Rule of Three was great, too. My mother has no clue that I read menage, GAH--I think that would send her over the edge. And I too, am in my **cough-gag**in my 40's :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
    2. Hi,
      I have not read anything by her. Thank you so much for introducing me to a new author!! I will be adding her to my TBR pile!! It hurt that I put my age in that post -- I still can't believe I am that old--it is just cruel!! LOL :)

      Delete
    3. Mariann--
      I love discovering new authors--whether it's their first book, or just new-to-me. :)
      I still freak out about being 42. And the gray hairs give me panic attacks. My 30th birthday was so damn depressing, I think I cried for the first 5 or 6 years. But I'm feeling better about my age than I did say, 5 years ago. Of course, Effexor helps a lot, too :) God Bless Antidepressants!

      Delete

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels