Wednesday, July 18, 2012

ARC BOOK REVIEW ~ WHAT I DIDN'T SAY BY KEARY TAYLOR







Title: What I Didn't Say
Author: Keary Taylor
Publisher: CreateSpace
 Release Date: April 30. 2012
Genre: Young Adult




Getting drunk homecoming night your senior year is never a good idea, but Jake Hayes never expected it all to end with a car crash and a t-post embedded in his throat.

His biggest regret about it all? What he never said to Samantha Shay. He's been in love with her for years and never had the guts to tell her. Now it's too late. Because after that night, Jake will never be able to talk again.

When Jake returns to his small island home, population 5,000, he'll have to learn how to deal with being mute. He also finds that his family isn't limited to his six brothers and sisters, that sometimes an entire island is watching out for you. And when he gets the chance to spend more time with Samantha, she'll help him learn that not being able to talk isn’t the worst thing that could ever happen to you. Maybe, if she'll let him, Jake will finally tell her what he didn't say before, even if he can't actually say it.
 
Author Links:
 
Blog / Website / Goodreads / Twitter / Facebook  
 
Purchase Links:
 
 



Book Review

Sometimes I am in the mood for some mushy, sappy, sentimental romance about young love. I must admit that What I Didn't say isn't exactly mushy or even sappy. But it was so sweet and just what I needed and expected. It's a feel good read that isn't always feel-good.

Imagine waking up to find that you can no longer speak...EVER. What regrets would you have? Would you decide to fall into the deep,dark abyss of depression and let everything around you just fall to pieces? Or would you fight for this new and tragic twist of fate to not beat you?

What about if you were seventeen and in love. The real forever kind of love that is selfless, precious, and pure. And you never told the girl that holds your heart exactly how you feel. 

Jake is that guy. He has loved Sam since ninth grade. And one drunken fateful night, he and his best friends decide that NOW is the moment that Jake has to tell her how he truly feels.

Only...he is tragically injured and his voice box is completely shredded and unrepairable. He is mute. For the rest of his life. His life that he mapped out so carefully is no longer the same.

What follows is a touching tale that shows that bad things can happen to anyone. And when you think you have it the worse?

Not so.

Yes, this story is predictable. Yes, it is sweet. And yes, it is also tragic.

But it made me feel good. It gave me warm fuzzies. And it made me take a look at my life-the things I am grateful for and thankful for and to remember...take life as a special gift. Don't take one minute for granted. Live, laugh, and especially, love.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard such great things about this book. I'll be reading it sometime this month xD Lol. Great review C.S. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels