Wednesday, July 25, 2012

GUEST BLOGGER ~ L.J. GARLAND and DEBBIE GOULD




I'd like to welcome authors, L.J. Garland and Debbie Gould to Where's My Muse as our special Guest Blogger! A Two-For!





Red River Gazette


Serial Killer in Red River??


By Dave Digger



With the rash of recent murders in Red River this reporter has to wonder if maybe we don't have a Serial Killer in our fine town. While the police have not come to the public with the truth yet, I’ve dug up some facts that lead me to believe our safe little town is no longer virginal when it comes to violence. Our cherry has been popped, dear readers, and evil has invaded the serenity we have come to count on.


After tracking down Detective Ethan Parker, Red River’s finest assigned to the case, I questioned him in regards to the heinous crimes. When asked about possible suspects, Detective Parker replied, “We’re looking at several suspects at this time.” Then I dug deeper into the details of the murder. “Digger, you know we have to keep the facts under wraps to protect the integrity of the case. But I will say these murders are among the most grizzly I’ve seen in my law enforcement career.” Detective Parker then added, “I would suggest residents lock their doors and take extra care.”



Unsatisfied with these vague answers, I continued in my quest for more information. After some serious research, I discovered local ultrasound technician, Abigail Montgomery, knew each of the victims. Is there a connection between these murders and the blonde hospital employee? Red River citizens deserve an answer!


I stalked…um, followed Ms. Montgomery for several days, only to discover this twisted tale takes quite a turn. I spotted the sultry blonde and the local detective at The Red River Café. After several hours of surveillance (and an unexpected scuffle inside the café) I was shocked to find a connection between the two. Yes, it appears the detective and Ms. Montgomery are romantically involved. To confirm this revelation, I returned to Detective Montgomery.


When asked if he was in The Red River Café, the detective said, “Yes, I was. An altercation occurred between two locals, and I dealt with the situation.” When asked about his involvement with Ms. Abigail Montgomery, the detective responded with a resounding, “No comment.” For this reporter, the answer is an unequivocal YES. But then I have to wonder, if all the victims in this case were friends of Ms. Montgomery, does this new involvement spell danger for our local detective? Has the fetching blonde unwittingly helped Detective Parker put his name at the top of the serial killer’s list?


All I can say is lock your doors, dear readers. Sleep with one eye open. And pray this nightmarish murder spree ends soon.



Find out whether Detective Ethan Parker and Abigail Montgomery survive,
and if Red River’s serial killer is captured….






Title:  Sins of the Mind (Book 1 of the Red River Series)
Author: L.J. Garland and Debbie Gould
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Release Date:  May 15, 2012




BLURB:

Seven years ago, Abby Montgomery survived a brutal attack. Now she is ready to put her pain in the past and move on with her life. The problem is, one by one the men in her life are being viciously murdered.


The detective assigned to the case, Ethan Parker, has demons of his own to hide. As the danger gets closer to Abby, so does Ethan. But can they get past his secrets before the killer gets to them? Sometimes the sins of the mind are more depraved than the sins of the heart.


EXCERPT:



“Moment?” He raised his eyebrows, tried for a surprised expression. “We were having a moment? Where was I?”


A husky laugh escaped Abby’s lips. She gave him a playful shove, but he caught her hand, his fingers encircling her delicate wrist. With great care, he bowed his head and pressed his lips to the center of her palm. Her sharp intake of air told him she liked it.


“Is this the moment you were referring to?” He kissed her wrist. “Or this?” His mouth grazed along her skin, up the side of her neck to the tender point below her ear.


“Mmm.” She tilted her head, offering him better access.


He inhaled, reveled in her unique scent. A mixture of spicy vanilla and exotic flowers invaded his senses and sent the room slowly spinning. Primal lust roared through him, demanded he possess her in a rush of carnal passion.


But Ethan resisted.


Intent on enticing Abby into a wild, heated frenzy, he trailed the tip of his tongue along her throat. Her pulse hammered beneath his ardent attention, and he reveled in her response. His fingers slid over her supple skin. One hand sought the silky tresses adorning her head while the other coaxed her legs across his lap then slipped around her waist.


He pulled back, stared into her lovely face. Eyelids fluttering, she sighed in his arms. When she looked at him, desire burned bright in her eyes. His heart stuttered at the sight, and hot need rushed to his groin.


“Abby.” Her name rolled from his tongue in a mix of desperation and lust. A voracious hunger to taste every inch of her body washed over him. The urge to kiss the small of her back, to run his tongue along her skin, delving and dipping into her secret, sensitive places, all but overwhelmed him. “Tell me to stop. If you’re not ready, honey, tell me to stop right now and by all that’s holy, I will. But you need to know how much I want you right now.”


 
Authors Links:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels