Tuesday, October 9, 2012

ARC BOOK REVIEW ~ SULTRY WITH A TWIST BY MACY BECKETT









Title: Sultry with a Twist
Author: Macy Beckett
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Release Date: October 1, 2012

ARC provided by NetGalley

When Mae-June July Augustine hightailed it out of Sultry Springs, Texas, with her heart in pieces, she swore she'd never return. But nine years later, one thing stands between June and her dream of opening an upscale martini bar: a month of community service under the supervision of the devilishly sexy Luke Gallagher, her first love and ex-best friend. As lust turns to love, June must decide where she belongs: in the glorious anonymity of Austin or back in Sultry Springs with the man who intoxicates her like no other.




I absolutely loved and adored this spicy southern romance.  And I must say that the cover of this book was a bit deceiving, lol. I expected a sweet story with a bit of charm--but what I got was chock full of spice that I wanted more of.

Mae Augustine was a heroine that I could relate to and for me, the friends-to-lovers story, was well crafted with well developed characters. The dialogue itself is a pure joy reading and had me laughing through tears.

Actually, her mama and daddy had been the wildest, most lovable, booze-swilling fools in Sultry Springs, Texas. God rest their pickled souls.

 
I am a Southern gal, born and raised, and I swear I could almost taste the fried chicken and biscuits. My mouth actually watered and I had a craving for home, my mama's cooking, and fresh veggies from the garden. I even recognized from my own childhood the ol' wooden spoon that Grandma kept in her kitchen at arm's length and used to whack unruly kids. This story was like a blast from the past for me.

Macy has a hit on her hands with this saucy southern tale of finding out exactly where you belong and second chances at life, and especially love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels