18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines. This is a Friday blog hop with the objective to find and visit other book blogs that share the same interest as you, namely books geared towards the 18 & over crowd, and make some new friends!
How to join in:
- You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads. Some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.
- Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.
- Copy the button above and place it at the top of your post.
- List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’
- Place your name and blog title in the linky over at RBtW's blog post and the url for a direct link to your post.
- Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!
Contact Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Question of the Week: Are you planning on attending any book conventions this year? Are you a con newbie or an old pro?
|Me and Suzanne Brockmann|
I would definitely say I am not an old pro, but I did start attending conventions two summers ago. It was fmy irst and it was in NYC~ RWA. And it was FANTASTIC! I met a ton of great authors and got to talk with them. I met my favorite author, Suzanne Brockmann, who I just LURVE and adore. That woman has mad writing skills. And I got to meet one of the sweetest authors out there who just simply has a heart of gold--Darynda Jones. She was genuine, warm, and extremely funny. Not to mention, her writing and her books kicks ass!
I also got to see NYC for the third time and it has grown to be one of my favorite places to visit.
More importantly, I got to see my BFF for the first time and it was SWEET! CL Parker and I had only communicated via phone and internet for almost two years before we finally came face to face. It was like one of those dream sequence moments, where two people are running towards each other slo-mo in a field of wild flowers, lol.
My second convention was this past summer (AAD--Authors After Dark) in NOLA~ New Orleans. I got to again take this trip with CL and another bestie, Britta. We had a blast!
Defining moments for this trip was (1) I got to meet two ladies who rock my hoohah! Gayle Donnelly and Robyn Mackenzie. Otherwise known as the author, Donnelly Mackenzie. These two ladies have become very near and dear to me and I am so damn happy that I got the opportunity to meet them. I have never laughed so much and enjoyed so much with all of the fabulous women.
Not to mention, we had some FUCK-tastic biscuits at this little hole in the wall--Willie's Chicken Shack. OMG. The Best.Biscuits.EVER, people.
|Starting from the left: Robyn Mackenzie, Gayle Donnelly, ME, and CL Parker|
(2) I got to meet the fabulous and super-smexy Dakota Cassidy. Have you seen her hair people? It is like sex hair. GORGEOUS.SEXY.WOMAN. And funny as hell. She writes a very witty and laugh out loud paranormal series that I love to read.
(3) I GOT A FREAKIN BOOK DEAL! Can't say too much about it write now except that it is still and WIP and I am in edits...speaking of, I better wrap up this post and get back to it.
I will be attending Lori Foster's Reader Get Together in Cincinnati--I used to live there and it will be nice to go back again. Also, I will be hanging out with gal pals CL, Gayle, and Robyn again--I'm in my Happy Place.
I would love to attend the RWA in Atlanta as well, since it's almost in my back yard, lol. But that is something that will have to be a "we'll see" for now.
And if for some great and unexpected reason I happen to win the lottery, I'll attend as many conventions as I can...maybe even meet some of my followers here.
What about you? Planning on attending any conventions? I'd love to hear from you!