18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines. This is a Friday blog hop with the objective to find and visit other book blogs that share the same interest as you, namely books geared towards the 18 & over crowd, and make some new friends!
How to join in:
- You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads. Some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.
- Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.
- Copy the button above and place it at the top of your post.
- List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’
- Place your name and blog title in the linky over at RBtW's blog and the url for a direct link to your post.
- Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!
- Contact Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Question of the Week:
Have you noticed a growing trend in erotic romance covers since the popularity of the Fifty Shades trilogy? Publishers and authors are re-vamping their covers, loosing the sexy and adding a hint of intrigue. But as a reader, which do you prefer? The symbolic covers OR the erotic covers?
Yes, I think I have seen more erotica out there than I normally would have, say, a year ago. I remember having to go to a "special" section in the bookstore to find those books. Now, they're everywhere--even places I thought I'd never find them. Oh, say--like Wal-mart. LOL.
As far as covers go, I'd rather have something a bit sexier. I loved the original covers of Lora Leigh's Elite Ops....they were delish. Now...meh...not so much. I'm so glad I have the original covers to stare and drool at and not a bunch of flowers or whatever --that in no way are related to the story.
What do you think? I'd love to hear from you, so leave me a comment.