Thursday, February 14, 2013

BOOK REVIEW ~ SINS AND NEEDLES BY KARINA HALLE



Title:  Sins and Needles (The Artists Trilogy, Book One)
Author: Karina Halle
Release Date: January 24, 2013

Reviewer bought own eBook of book for review


Ellie Watt is used to starting over. The daughter of a grifting team, Ellie spent her childhood being used as a pawn in her parents' latest scam. Now she's much older, wiser and ready to give her con artist life a rest. But returning to the dry desert town of Palm Valley, California means one more temptation than she bargained for - Camden McQueen. Once known as the high school weirdo, Camden is bigger and badder than the boy he used to be and a talented tattoo artist with his own thriving business. Ellie's counting on Camden still being in love with her but what she's not counting on is how easily unrequited love can turn into obsession over time. When Camden discovers Ellie's plan to con him, he makes her a deal she doesn't dare refuse, but her freedom comes with a price and it's one that takes both Ellie and Camden down a dangerous road.

**WARNING** This book contains graphic language, sex and violence. Readers who are sensitive to sexual scenes, violence and a lot of cursing should refrain from reading this book.This is not YA or NA. 18 and above.



Book Review

Sins and Needles is the type of book that sucks you in and has you on the edge of your seat. I went through a plethora of emotions as I literally dove inside the pages. There was even one time I had to stop reading, take a deep breath, before I could continue. I didn't want to read the next scene because I knew it was gonna hit me in the gut. 

And it did.

Ellie Watt is the kind of heroine who shakes you up and leaves you addled, wondering what the hell just happened. She has had a rough life--parents who used her for their own purpose--and had no one to love or offer support. She has been scarred-physically and emotionally-and lives a life filled with lies. She has taken on so many identities along the way that the true Ellie Watt has never emerged...until she decides to give up the life of a grifter and follow the straight and narrow.

But old habits die hard.  And when she returns to her home town, she meets up with the only true friend she has ever had--Camden McQueen.  And he has his own hidden agenda that could ruin everything for the both of them. 

Camden. This man was pure sex-on-a-stick hot. Melt-in-your-mouth sinlicious. Unique. Interesting. Charming. A complex character that broke my heart, then turned around and made me cry. 

He totally made the book for me. 

The plot of Sins and Needles is fast and compelling. The characters are flawed and imperfectly perfect. There are huge WTF moments and OH NO HE DIDN"T flew out of my mouth a few times as I devoured this amazingly written story. 

The only sucky part? I have a long-ass wait for book two...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels