Wednesday, May 29, 2013

BOOK REVIEW ~ ONE WEEK GIRLFRIEND (DREW + FABLE) BY MONICA MURPHY




Title: One Week Girlfriend (Drew + Fable) 
Author: Monica Murphy
Release Date: January 10, 2013
Reviewer purchased own copy of ebook






New Adult Contemporary Romance

**Mature situations and sexual content - recommended for ages 17+**


Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.

Forever.

BOOK REVIEW

MOTHER FLOWER--I freaking LURVED this book. 
**shout out and smooches to my on-line gal pal Francesca from Under The Covers Book Blog. This woman has not steered me wrong yet with awesome book rec's. 

One Week Girlfriend is gritty, real, heart-breakingly honest and very dark. Disturbing. Delicious. Addictive. 

SEXY AS HELL.

Drew is all the above and a bag of chips with dip on the side.

Okay...now that you know how I truly feel about One Week Girlfriend, let's chat, shall we?

Fable is the kind of heroine that you can stand behind and admire. She has lived a hard life--her mother is an alcoholic whose desire for beer outweighs her drive to be a good parent. She has a impressionable younger brother who is starving for attention and guidance. Fable will do anything to make sure her brother gets what he needs, emotionally, financially, whatever. She works in a bar serving drinks to the college crowd that thrive in the small town. She has a bit of a reputation as easy and neither denies or accedes to the rumors. That is not what is important in her life. Her focus is  on taking care of her brother and trying like hell not to end up just like her mother.

In walks Drew. He seems to have it all. Looks, charm, smarts, money, and athletic. All-American hero material, right? 

But he has a huge secret. He needs a girlfriend. Someone temporary for just one week while he visits his father and step mother over the Thanksgiving holidays. Someone who won't make any demands and will walk away when the time is up. Someone who won't ask too many questions. Someone like Fable. 

Fable accepts the role as his temporary girlfriend. Money exchanges hands and it's like a Pretty Woman moment. 

But these two individuals who seem so different and such an unlikely pair, can't help but gravitate towards each other. Their sexual chemistry is off the charts HAWT and I had to compose myself a few times before continuing reading. Seriously--Scorching. Flaming. HOT.

Drew and Fable struggle with secrets, pain, and false suppositions about the other. 

Drew is hardened and scarred almost beyond repair for what has happened to him in his past. 

There is no HEA at the end of Drew and Fable's story, but with one little word, you know that this is not the end for them. Thank you, Monica Murphy. Now I don't have to hunt you down to ask you what the hell were you thinking on leaving me hanging like that. It made me weep aloud with relief to know that there is a book two out there now. And it's already downloaded on my kindle. 

There are so many spectacular moments in this book. Favorite quotes. Swoon moments. Stellar sexy times. And more importantly, great characters that make your heart weep. 

I am now officially on the look out for future books by this extremely talented author. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels