Saturday, June 1, 2013

BOOK REVIEW ~ ONE WEEK GIRLFRIEND (DREW + FABLE) BY MONICA MURPHY



Title: One Week Girlfriend (Drew + Fable) 
Author: Monica Murphy
Release Date: January 10, 2013

Reviewer purchased own copy of ebook for review



New Adult Contemporary Romance

**Mature situations and sexual content - recommended for ages 17+**


Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.

Forever.

Book Review

SIMPLY AMAZING!

There is not enough time and space to put into words just how much I LURVED this book. I had been in a reading slump as of late. One book after another never really getting to me and making me want to stay up late to read. 

I love it when you can immerse yourself in a story and forget about everything around you. My hubby? Meh...not so much. And kids--who knew you had to feed them three times a day?

Drew and Fable's romance got to me. It was dark. It was explosively hot. And it had a disturbing secret that blew me out of the water. 

Drew is looking for someone to play the role as his girlfriend. He is going home to his father and stepmother's house over Thanksgiving break from college and doesn't want the hassle of showing up alone. His father will ask too many questions and his step mother...well, let's just say his step mother is the one person he wishes he could avoid for the rest of his life. 

Fable works at a bar in the same town as Drew, but their paths have never really crossed. But rumors about Fable being easy have reached Drew's ears and because of it, he approaches her to ask if she would consider playing the part of his girlfriend. 

Drew doesn't want a relationship. No clingy women demanding his time and wanting more than what he can give. Fable is the perfect answer for one week. 

Fable has her own agenda. She is doing everything she can to make sure she doesn't end up like her alcoholic mother. All her money goes to feeding herself and her little brother, who teeters on the edge of heading down his own wrong path. In fact, everything Fable does is for her little brother. She wants him to have the kind of love and devotion that he doesn't get from their mother. Someone to care for him, someone to give a damn. And the opportunity that Drew provides gives her the financial security to keep food and a roof over their head. At least for a little while.

But Drew and Fable get more than they both bargain for. And Drew's wounded soul is soothed by Fable's patience and caring nature. He wants to be closer to this girl he has grown to depend on. She smooths out his rough edges and lightens the darkness that creeps inside him, threatening to consume him. 

Fable also sees a more intimate, more caring side of Drew. Something that pulls at her heart and begs her to hold him and help him in any way she can. 

But the darkness of Drew's past acts like a impenetrable shield. And even when the secret that Drew has been hiding is revealed, their love may not be enough to keep them together. 

What a heart-breaking and emotional read. One that will make you weep with such a tragic back story and weep at the climatic end. One Week Girlfriend has some powerful moments that will stay with the reader, long after reading the last words. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels