18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines. This is a Friday blog hop with the objective to find and visit other book blogs that share the same interest as you, namely books geared towards the 18 & over crowd, and make some new friends!
How to join in:
- You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads, some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.
- Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.
- Copy the button above and place it at the top of your post.
- List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’
- Place your name and blog title in the linky below over at RBtW's post and the url for a direct link to your post.
- Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. :) It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!
Contact me (readingbetweenthewines10 at gmail dot com) with any questions!
Question of the Week: When you DNF a book or rate a book two 'stars' or lower, do you post a review for it on your blog? Have you ever emailed the author about it?
Funny you should ask this question. I just recently finished, er...well attempted to finish, a book this past week. And failed.
I am not a fan of bashing an author for a bad book. In fact, book bashers piss me off. Or author bashers. Whatever you want to call it. There is simply no need to get nasty.
I have posted a few 2 star reviews on my blog-either because I was asked to, or received it via NetGalley. I feel it's important to be honest, without all the mud slinging.
I will not email an author to let him/her know. That really isn't necessary.
The great thing about books and reading is that there are so damn many out there and we (readers) have such different "criteria" as to what makes a great read.
But one thing I will say--if a book doesn't hold my interest, or just sucks really bad, I will put it down. There are too many other books out there waiting for me to read.
What about you? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.