Thursday, October 17, 2013

BOOK REVIEW ~ RIGHT NOW BY MARIE HALL



Title: Right Now ( Moments, Book Two)
Author: Marie Hall
Release Date: September 15, 2013

ARC provided by NetGalley


Sometimes in life....

Things were supposed to get better when Ryan met Lili. I was supposed to move on, get a life... but I'm stuck and lost. Things with my father are not good. There are demons in our closet, big ones. Ones I want to kill him for, I'm seeing a shrink, I'm trying to get better... but my life feels out of control, like I'm a raft adrift on the sea. I don't know where to look, how to get anchored again, and then I meet Zoe Stone. Something about her draws me out of my rut, makes me laugh for real, smile, and for the first time in years I want to be more. But what will she think when she discovers who I really am?

...all we have...

When Alexander Donovan, aka The Golden Adonis, walks into my tattoo parlor, I know I'll do anything to make that man mine. There's an instant connection, a need to know more about him. Everything about him. But there's also a mystery surrounding the guy, when people look at him they only see the man that laughs, that cracks jokes and makes the world think that everything's okay, but I see the truth... I see the darkness that lurks so deep inside few would ever recognize it. I want to help him, I want to be with him, now I just have to make him trust me enough to let me in.

Is Right Now



Book Review

Right Now is part of a series, and I think one that should be read in order. That being said, be prepared to have your heart torn open, your emotions crush you, and tears to fall uncontrollably.

I love a story that has depth, despair, and redemption. One that is hard on the heart and emotions of the reader. Marie Hall delivers an engrossing tale about Alex, a young man we get to meet in Hall's first book, A Moment. And in Right Now, Alex's life and secrets are sliced open, with shocking detail.

Alex has always had something to anchor him in his life--his cousin, Ryan. He had a purpose--to keep Ryan alive. But Ryan now has Lili, and Alex falls apart. He seeks to numb the pain with an endless string of women and meaningless sex. But hollow sex and insignificant women aren't doing it anymore.

And the simple words of a fortune cookie send Alex in a direction that could ultimately save him.

Be opposite.

Marie Hall writes a caustic tale, at times unpleasant, but necessary in order for Alex to heal.

And let's not forget a great secondary cast of characters that I look forward to read about in another installment of Moments, a series that will remain close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels