Thursday, October 31, 2013

MONTH IN REVIEW ~ OCTOBER 2013




I thought I would do this a little different, since it is close to Halloween. ~ I would list some of my favorite paranormal books--one that I read was actually this month. Check them out if you like to live on the dark side...if you dare...










Here is an update of my reading challenges...I can't believe the year is almost over...talk about scary! 





~ 2013 Immortal Reading Challenge ~ 

Challenged: 20  Read: 38 

Hosted by UTC 


1. Vampires 
Challenged:  5  Read: 13 
Bonus reads: 13 


*Lover At Last ~ JR Ward
*Up From The Grave ~ Jeanine Frost
*A Kiss of Blood ~ Pamela Palmer
*Twice Tempted ~ Jeanine Frost
*Immortal Ever After ~ Lynsay Sands 

2. Angels/Demons
Challenged:  5   Read:5
Bonus Reads: 3

*Fifth Grave Past the Light ~ Darynda Jones
*Death, Doom, and Detention ~ Darynda Jones
*The Collector ~ Victoria Scott
*Forbidden ~ Syrie James
* Natural Born Angel ~ Scott Spear

3. Fae/Witches/Magic
Challenged:  5  Read:7 
Bonus Reads:4


*Iced ~ Karen Marie Moning
*Glass Heart ~ Amy Garvey
*Shadow of Night ~ Deborah Harkness
*Winterblaze ~ Kristen Callihan
*Endure ~ Carrie Jones 

4. Shifters/Were
Challenged:  5  Read:11 
Bonus Reads:8


*MacReive ~ Kresley Cole
*Fury of Seduction ~ Coreene Callahan
*Fury of Desire ~ Coreene Callahan
*Black Moon ~ JD Tyler
*Hunter's Heart ~ JD Tyler


This reading challenge hosted by The Book Vixen


Men In Uniform Reading Challenge
Challenged: 13 (Captain)  Read: 17 



1.  Forged In Fire ~ Trish McCallan 

2. Hold 'Em ~ Katie Porter 

3. Shades of Gray ~ Maya Banks

4. Battered Not Broken ~ Ranae Rose

5. SEALed Forever Mary Margaret Daughtridge

6. Heat of the Moment ~ Elle Kennedy

7. Because of You ~ Jessica Scott

8. Love Irresistibly ~ Julie James

9. Bare It All ~ Lori Foster

10. One Sweet Ride ~ Jaci Burton

11. Taking A Shot ~ Jaci Burton

12. Thrown By A Curve ~ Jaci Burton

13. Hard Way ~ Katie Porter


Bonus Reads: 14



The 2013 Romantic Suspense Reading Challenge is hosted by The Book Vixen



Romantic Suspense Reading Challenge
Challenged:  13    Read:14  


1. Scorched ~ Laura Griffin

2. The Heart of a Killer ~ Jaci Burton

3. Underground Guardians-Protector ~ Lisa Renee Jones

4. Fatal Destiny ~ Marie Force

5. Heart of Danger ~ Lisa Marie
 Rice

6. Mr. Real ~ Carolyn Crane

7. Mystery Man ~ Kristen Ashley

8. Because of You ~ Jessica Scott

9. Shades of Gray ~ Maya Banks

10. Crazy Hot ~ Tara Janzen

11.  ?

12.  ?

13.  

Bonus Reads: 12



Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge 

Challenged: 10  Read:  27 



**NOTE--with so many books coming out and 

considered New Adult, I had to look at my books  

and take out those I consider New Adult Genre. 



1. Unbeautifully ~ Madeline Sheehan

2. It Had to Be You ~ Jill Shalvis

3. Kissing Under the Mistletoe ~ Marina Adair

4. Fall Into You ~ Roni Loren

5. Love Irresistibly ~ Julie James

6. Getting Rowdy ~ Lori Foster

7. Bare it All ~ Lori Foster

8. A Shot of Sultry ~ Macy Beckett

9. Caught Up In You ~ Roni Loren

10. One Sweet Ride ~ Jaci Burton 

*Bonus Reads:  20










TBR Reading Challenge 
Challenged:  12   Read: 10
Hosted by Fiktshun   


1. Scorched ~ Laura Griffin

2. Fatal Destiny ~ Marie Force

3. Because of You ~ Jessica Scott

4. Forbidden ~ Syrie James

5. Iced ~ Karen Marie Moning

6. Shadow of Night ~ Deborah Harkness

7. Endure ~ Carrie Jones

8. Fury of Seduction ~ Coreene Callahan

9. Black Moon ~ JD Tyler

10. Battered, Not Broken ~ Ranae Rose

11. Sealed Forever ~ Mary Margaret Daughtridge

12. Hold 'Em ~ Katie Porter

Bonus Reads:  6


Apparently, I suck. I cannot seem to make myself read the ones I actually have put on my lists. UGH! 

Fail. 

How about you? Are you doing any challenges? If so, are you meeting your goals? Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels