Sunday, May 4, 2014

BOOK REVIEW ~ ISLAND PERIL BY JILL SORENSON



Title: Island Peril (Aftershock, Book 3.5)
Author: Jill Sorenson
Publisher: Harlequin HQN
Release Date: May 1, 2014

ARC provided by NetGalley





Book Blurb


Red-hot writer Jill Sorenson brought readers to the edge of their seats in Aftershock. Now they can catch the beginning of Paul and Ella's relationship in this fast-moving novella packed with danger and delight!

It started as a girls' outing to California's beautiful Channel Islands State Park. When Ella Hammond embarks on a kayaking trip with sexy adventure guide Paul Dawson, sparks fly—but so does gunfire from a boat of drug smugglers.

Now Ella and Paul are on the run, soaked and stranded in a rocky hideout. Ella feels like she'll never be warm again. Until Paul shares his body heat—igniting a fire between them that's nearly too hot to handle!

The adventure continues in Backwoods, and pick up Paul's sister's novella in Passion and Peril, both from Harlequin HQN!




Book Review


I admit that I have not read the first books of this series...and it did not affect my enjoyment of this story. In fact, it made me want to immediately read the others in this action-packed series.

I can also admit I am not a fan of novellas. I like my stories meaty. Long. Page after page of excitement and spellbinding. But, a novella is a great way to introduce a new-to-me author and a way to see if this series would be something I would want to continue reading.

Island Peril is compact, but provided it all. Great sexual chemistry, enough action to get your blood pumping, and an engaging read until the last page was read. It whetted my appetite for more.

When Ella Hammond takes a kayaking trip with her sister and niece, things quickly turn from good to bad.

The trip is lead by the very sexy Paul Dawson. Picture tall, dark, athletic. Sexy. Charming. He has it in spades. And when Paul and Ella find themselves marooned on a deserted island with bad guys shooting at them, things quickly go from bad...to deadly.

 All in all--Island Peril is a captivating tale filled with danger and steamy romance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels