As I get **cough**older, the years fly by, leaving me with a WTF expression on my face.
I like to think that with age comes wisdom. But, meh...not so much. LOL. The number of brain cells is on the low side. But I have discovered that with age comes understanding.
Understanding of who and what you REALLY are. What your goals are. What your true passions are. What makes your hoohah sit up and take notice, lol.
I no longer do resolutions-I suck at them. And really, the diet/weight thing is just too much work. Just take all photos of me from the waist up. I can smile pretty.
So this coming year, I am going to do something different. I am going to challenge myself---To READ, To WRITE, and to spread the love of my PASSION on my blog to you guys.
I'm not sure how many Reading Challenges I will commit to, but it's so much fun surfing the net, searching for them. I discovered The Immortal Reading Challenge 2012 on the blog site, Cocktails and Books. The host blog is Under The Covers. Both blogs are really great!
I am a huge fan of this genre, and the number of books out there regarding this phenomenom is HUGE.
My cup runneth over, lol.
There is a current list of Challenges on my blog--link over to that page to see what I am planning on for the next year. And if you have an awesome Challenge to share--don't hesitate to leave a comment.
Now, I will pimp the 2012 Immortal Reading Challenge.
Vampires, angels, demons, werewolves and fae. If you can’t pick a favourite, then that’s okay!
At UTC, we love them all! So let’s celebrate our love for all things immortal with 2012’s Immortal Reading Challenge.
Here’s the rundown:
1. The Immortals Reading Challenge runs from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. You can join at anytime from now and throughout the year. This is a 2012 challenge, so books read before January 1 will not count to your progress.
2. You pick your goal! Read as many books as you’d like for each species. This means that you can do just one category or all five or a combination of. The choice depends on you and your reading pace.
*We have chosen to have a three book per species standard. However, if this is a breeze for you, then feel free to tackle on the additional bonus entries of two more books of the same level.
3. Re-reads are acceptable.
4. Books chosen can be of any genre.
5. To participate, copy and paste this post on your blog along with the challenge button. We ask that you provide a link back to the sign-up page in case others wish to participate.
6. Readers without blogs can still participate! Keep track of your progress with Goodreads, Shelfari or LibraryThing.
To sign up:
1. Make a sign up post announcement, listing the level you've chosen and a list of books you plan to read. If you don't have a blog, post on GoodReads or another site as a thread where we can access your list of books. Be sure to take the image code above.
2. Come back here and using the list below, add your entry with a link directly to that post so we can see what you'll be reading.
You're done! Every month during 2012 we will make a challenge update post where you can come and updates us on how you're doing with your challenge.
Category 1: Vampires
Some ideas for Vampire books
Read any THREE books with vampires as the main characters.
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books with vampires
- Lothaire ~ Kresley Cole
- Darker After Midnight ~ Lara Adrian
- Bound In Darkness~ Cynthia Eden
Category 2: Angels and DemonsSome ideas for Angels and Demons books
Read any THREE books with angels and/or demons as the main characters.
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books with angels and/or demons
- Third Grave Dead Ahead ~ Darynda Jones
- A Devil Named Desire ~ Terri Garey
- Demons Prefer Blondes ~ Sidney Ayers
Category 3: Fae
Some ideas for Fae books
Read any THREE books with Fae as the main characters
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books on Fae.
- The Iron King ~ Julie Kagawa
- The Iron Daughter ~ Julie Kagawa
- The Iron Queen ~ Julie Kagawa