Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top Ten Book Characters in 2011



WOW!  Today's Top Ten is a toughie!

I should have started earlier with this post, because I think it is gonna be one that kicks my ass.
But, as usual, I procrastinated--to sleep. The holidays have been brutal to my schedule.

I've decided to base today's Top Ten on the women of fiction-The Kick-Ass Heroines that I wish I could be.

The romance genre is filled with hot lovin' ALPHA males--see yesterday's blog. But it takes a strong woman to love these men. They don't try to control them, tame them, or even pacify them. They are fierce, strong, and will defy them at every turn.

Here is a list of my TOP TEN Kick Ass Heroines. I tried to narrow it down to books that only came out in 2011...and because of that a LOT of great ones were left out...So I have a Honorable Mentions category below.

1. Cat Crawfield ~ Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost


Although, this book was my least favorite of the series-she still can kick ass and I LURVE her mad fighting skills.

2. Charley Davidson ~ Charley Davidson Series by Darynda Jones


What draws me in about this character is her snarky sense of humor. She makes me laugh out loud and has the baddest ass T shirt slogans on the planet.

3. Limos ~ Lords of Deliverence Series by Larissa Ione--Book 2 Immortal Rider


A Horseman of the Apolcolypse--Famine--who can kick your ass and was at one time the promised bride of Satan himself.

4. Regin the Radiant~ Immortals After Dark Series by Kresley Cole Book 11 Dreams of a Dark Warrior


She takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' in this book. A definite match for Declan Cash/Aidan the Fierce.



5. Merit ~ Chicagolands Vampires Series by Chloe Neill Book 5 Drink Deep


She survives even after the crushing death of Ethan, and comes through fighting on the other side. Plus her wardrobe is pretty Awesome, too.



6. Sloane Giddeon ~ Edge Seies by Shannon K. Butcher Book 1 Living on the Edge


This is not a paranormal heroine-but she doesn't have to be. I would hate to come across her in a dark alley at night. She doens't wait for the hero to rescue her--NOPE...she comes out guns blazin' and kicks ass without any special powers. 

7. Stephanie Plum ~ Janet Evanovich



Okay, so mostly the perps she picks up as a Bounty Hunter end up kicking Stephanie's ass (HAH), but she always comes back the next day. And the fact that she has Joe and Ranger as her two love interest?  Yeah, I so want to be her and have THAT problem.

8. MacKayla Lane  ~ Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning - Shadowfever


She never stops fighting-no matter how shitty the odds. And yeah--she has Barrons.

9. Jolie Wilkins ~ H.P. Mallory


Jolie DIES peeps--comes back and she has powerful who-do voo-do magic to fight the baddies (hah).  And she loves reading the BDB books.

10. Puck ~ The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater



She fights the system--racing in a brutal horse race that could mean her death. The only girl ever in history--and comes out the victor. That's bad ass in my book.


HONORABLE MENTIONS:
1. Katniss Everdeen The Hunger Games Trilogy
2. Rose Hathaway The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
3. Riley Poe (Dark Ink Chronicles) by Elle Jasper


Who are your TOP TEN Book Characters of 2011?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels