Friday, May 4, 2012

BOOK REVIEW ~ THE FIREMAN WHO LOVED ME BY JENNIFER BERNARD


Title: The Fireman Who Loved Me
(A Bachelor Fireman of San Gabriel, Book One)
Author:  Jennifer Bernard
Publisher:  Avon
Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
Release Date:  April 24, 2012
Book Rating: 4.5 Stars
Reviewer purchased own copy of book




Book Blurb:

Fearless, smoking hot and single: meet the Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel. These firemen might be heroes, but it's their bad luck in love that makes them legendary.

News producer Melissa McGuire and Fire Captain Harry Brody couldn't be more different, though they do have one thing in common: they're both convinced they're perfectly wrong for each other.
But when Melissa's matchmaking grandmother wins her a date with Brody at a bachelor auction... Sparks fly. Passion flares. Heat rises. (You get the picture.)
Add a curse, a conniving nightly news anchor, a stunningly handsome daredevil fireman, a brave little boy, a couple of exes, and one giant fire to the mix and Melissa and Brody's love may not be the only thing that burns.

Book Review

I have a weakness for firefighters. They risk their lives to save others ~ They have more courage in their pinky toe than I have in my entire body.


For me, they are one of the ultimate Alpha heroes of the romance genre. Plus, they look damn sexy in their turn outs.  At least, in my pervy mind, they do--the ones in my neighborhood unfortunately don't resemble these naughty little pics...
But I still go weak in the knees ~ because it takes a special man to do what firefighters do every time they answer an alarm. They are true heroes.



Jennifer Bernard has created a very promising beginning to a brand new series:  The Bachelor Fireman of San Gabriel. And I can not wait for more.

I was pulled immediately into Bernard's world of hunky firefighters--her writing is humorous and sexy. There is a cast of secondary characters that I found endearingly charming-especially Ryan, who will be featured in Bernard's next book. 

Both Brody and Melissa are not prepared for the sexual attraction between them. 

Harry Brody, divorced and scarred from his previous marriage, has no intention of ever marrying again. He is cool and calm under pressure and a dedicated Fire Captain. He has met his match in the news producer, Melissa McGuire, when her feisty grandmother buys her a date at the local Fireman Auction.

Brody is not keen on the media after being swarmed with reporters wanting to know more about the single and sexy men that work in San Gabriel. 

Melissa thinks that Brody is so not her type. But she can't deny that every time the two are together, her body hadn't gotten that memo-- His kisses make her forget that there is no future in a relationship with this man.

What I love about these two characters is that they both have preconceived notions about the other, and after spending time together, they realize just how wrong they were.

The Fireman Who Loved Me has charm, sizzle, and a fun read that has ddefinite promise for upcoming stories.  

And once again, I find myself doing a double take whenever I see a Fire Engine driving down the highway--I might sprain a neck ligament soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels