6 BLOGGERS, 12 MINI-CHALLENGES, 24 BOOKS TO WIN!!!
We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they’re gifted to us. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we’ll finally decide to pick them up.
Join us on a quest to dust off your TBR Pile and read all the books you’ve been telling yourself you’ll read next time you’ll get a chance. This is your chance! And we’ve got PRIZES!!!
I am excited to join this particular reading challenge as I have **ahem** a lot of books in my TBR pile. Mountainous. HUGE. GARGANTUAN.
I have AT LEAST 600 books (easily) in both my kindle and "library". In fact, I am scared. VERY scared. I'm moving and I need at least, oh, 15 boxes to pack up my books that I have in my "library".
Challenge Guidelines ~ Fiktshun and the other participating blog hosts are YA sites. So bear that in mind, if you are participating in this reading challenge. However, if you read mostly adult romance like me, and would still like to participate (like me), feel free to do so. I would LOVE to see readers/followers out there with tons of different genres participating! BTW--If you mainly feature Adult Romance on your blog, and you are participating in this challenge--PLEASE leave me a comment. Thank you so much!
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 – Dec 31, 2013
- Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you’ve read! (On your blog, Amazon, Goodreads or Shelfari!)
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2012 or earlier! NO 2013 ARCs or 2013 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood suits you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBR PILE Reading Challenge.
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 20th of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will be a unique theme, and include a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from that month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of your choice from The Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e., the entire year).
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking.
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway for a box of books.
- You don’t have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in the giveaways!
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – A Sweet Kiss
31-40 – Love At First Sight
41-50 – Married With Children
Wrap-up Post Schedule
- Jan. 20th: Evie ~ Bookish
- Feb. 20th: Rachel ~ Fiktshun
- Mar. 20th: Justin ~ Justin's Book Blog
- Apr. 20th: Tiffany ~ Escaping…One Book At A Time
- May 20th: Bonnie ~ Words At Home
- Jun. 20th: Justin ~ Justin’s Book Blog
- Jul. 20th: Emily ~ Doodle’s Book Blog
- Aug. 20th: Tiffany ~ Escaping…One Book At A Time
- Sept. 20th: Rachel ~ Fiktshun
- Oct. 20th: Emily ~ Doodle’s Book Blog
- Nov. 20th: Bonnie ~ Words At Home
- Dec. 20th: This one will be posted on all the blogs.
There will also be a huge BOX OF BOOKS giveaway and this time you can link up ALL YOUR TBR Pile REVIEWS you wrote for the entire month!
Here is my list for this challenge:
1. Scorched ~ Laura Griffin
2. Fatal Destiny ~ Marie Force
3. Because of You ~ Jessica Scott
4. Forbidden ~ Syrie James
5. Iced ~ Karen Marie Moning
6. Shadow of Night ~ Deborah Harkness
7. Endure ~ Carrie Jones
8. Fury of Seduction ~ Coreene Callahan
9. Black Moon ~ JD Tyler
10. Battered, Not Broken ~ Ranae Rose
11. Sealed Forever ~ Mary Margaret Daughtridge
12. Hold 'Em ~ Katie Porter
So tell me how big YOUR TBR pile is...