18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines. This is a Friday blog hop with the objective to find and visit other book blogs that share the same interest as you, namely books geared towards the 18 and Over crowd, and make some new friends!
How to join in:
- You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads. Some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.
- Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.
- Copy the button above and place it at the top of your post.
- List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’
- Place your name and blog title in the linky over at RBtW's blog post and the url for a direct link to your post.
- Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. :) It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!
- Contact Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Question of the Week: Does it light your libido reading scorching romances where the heroine is (or is undercover as) a sassy stripper?
Answer: I really don't fall one way or the other. For me, it's all about the story and the characters. I don't search specifically for those plot lines, but I will read them.
Funny that you should ask this question, as I just finished His Southern Temptation by Robin Covington ( Review to come later today), where the heroine did a small one day stint as a stripper.
However, I can tell you what I would LOVE to see-- a story where the HERO was the stripper. I can recall a really awesome fanfic--The Red Line--where the hero was a stripper. OMFG! Amazing story that really had it all: Drool worthy hero, wounded hero, tragic past for hero, great smexy times, and it made me sob like a baby.
I would totally buy it if there was a story out there like that. If anyone has come across such a thing---PLEASE let me know what the title/author is, Thank YOU!
Stripping for a living, in no way, defines you. It is the person inside. I have no right to judge what someone else does for a living. I wish I had the body that could get up on stage and twirl around the pole. That is a confidence that I have never had. But in my little fantasy world, I can shake my money maker and have my hero all worked up. LOL. And I look damn good while doing it.
What about you? Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.