Wednesday, May 1, 2013

BOOK REVIEW ~ LIGHT ME UP BY CHERRIE LYNN


Title: Light Me Up (Ross Siblings, Book 2.5)
Author: Cherrie Lynn
Release Date: April 2, 2013

Reviewer purchased own copy of ebook




Please note: This is a short sequel to Rock Me that was originally published in the A Very Naughty Xmas anthology. There have been no substantial changes made to the content.

He's planning a night that's anything but silent...

Candace Andrews is dreaming of a little sparkle in her Christmas stocking this year, and now that she and Brian Ross have been living together for over a year, her overbearing family is getting impatient for him to pop the question. She isn’t worried so much about pleasing them anymore, but pleasing Brian is another matter entirely…

The night of the Andrews Christmas party, Brian has plenty of sexy tricks up his sleeve. But there’s one gift that would truly make this a Christmas Candace will never forget—the promise of a lifetime with the man she loves. Is he ready to give it to her?

WARNING: Contains explicit sex, graphic language.


Book Review 

I fell in love with Cherrie Lynn after reading her book, Rock Me.



In fact, I featured this book in the 18 and Over Book Blogger Follow. I absolutely loved and adored the main character, Brian Ross--tattoo artist extraordinaire--who also sported a very special piercing. **AHEM** Think lower regions. 

So, I had to add Light Me Up to my TBR pile.  And I was not disappointed. Brian and Candace were such an endearing couple to read about and there was a family resolution that helped bring their story to a close. Sigh. 

Candace and Brian's relationship has grown stronger and weathered many family differences. They are living together, committed, and in love. 
Only one thing would make it perfect--an engagement ring. 

The night of the family Christmas party brings those feelings to a head when Candace's mother asks her if the two ever plan to marry and even suggests that maybe Candace should pop the question. 

But Candace is afraid to bring it up. Things have been going so good, and she doesn't want to put any pressure on Brian. 

This novella delivers a great ending--it highlights Brian's romantic side as well as his kinky sexy side. And my only complaint is that I wish I could have had more. 

Here's a little snippet:

"Not much longer, babe."
"Then you'll fuck me?"
"Jesus. You have to ask?"
"No, I just like to."
He didn't look up. "Fair enough. I like to answer.Yes, I'll fuck you."
"Hard?"
"Like you're unbreakable."




2 comments:

  1. Unleashed and Rock me are on my to-read list, I've added Light me up, thanks for the review !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red Iza ~ That's awesome. Please let me know what you think of them! I'd love to hear your review.

      Delete

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels