Tuesday, December 10, 2013

BOOK REVIEW ~ SWEET REVENGE BY REBECCA ZANETTI



Title: Sweet Revenge (Sins Brothers, Book Two)
Author: Rebecca Zanetti
Published by: Forever
Release Date: December 3, 2013
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Pages: 384 pages
ARC provided by NetGalley






Buy Link:
Amazon / B&N


The One Man She Can't Have

Matt Dean was born to fight…and kill. A member of a secret black-ops military unit, he and his brothers were genetically engineered by the government to be the perfect soldiers with an expiration date. Now, with time running out, he's gone rogue in a relentless quest for the one person who can save them. His mission leads him to Charmed, Idaho…and to a beautiful woman with eyes like emeralds and a body made for pleasure.

The One Woman He Can't Resist

Laney Jacobs knows the mysterious, handsome stranger is trouble from the moment he walks into her bar, looking for a job. She's spent years running from her own past—the last thing she needs is a romantic entanglement. But Matt's strong arms offer her protection, and his gentle touch promises passion unlike anything she's ever known. As lethal forces surround them, revealing explosive secrets about Matt's past and putting everything—and everyone—he holds dear in danger, can he save them all before time runs out?

Book Review

How did I miss this series? 

Although this is book two of Zanetti's Sins Brothers series, you will not be lost with the story ARC.

Rebecca Zanetti gives the reader everything they need to know to play catch up--giving you a flashback as three young boys struggle to stay together while existing in a secret "world" controlled by a madman, named The Commander. 

The Commander is in charge of the boys who have been genetically engineered to fight, but his direction is colored with corruption. And the Gray brothers--Matt, Nate, Shane, and Jory--will do everything to stay together and to gain their freedom from the Commander. 


Matt, Nate, and Shane are brothers who will fight for their freedom and stand together, "never alone" as they try to find the surgeon responsible for implanting a deadly chip along their spines. A chip that has a six weeks time limit--and if not removed, will kill all three. 

Once free, the brothers are still hiding as they search for the female doctor responsible for implanting a deadly chip along their spines. A chip that has a six weeks time limit--and if not removed, will kill them. 

In Sweet Revenge, their search has lead Matt to Charmed, Idaho, where they suspect the female surgeon is hiding.  Although injured, Matt stumbles in this sleepy town and onto the doorstep of Laney Jacobs.  

Laney has her own secrets. And when Matt applies for the temp job as bouncer at her bar, she's left reluctantly hiring the sexy stranger. 

Zanetti writes a sizzling connection between Matt and Laney and gives the reader an action-packed plot with a curvy twist. Her heroes are fierce, loyal, and kick-ass baddies who have a huge heart. Hard to not fall for any of the Gray brothers.  There is witty banter between the brothers, but underneath it all, their motto of "never alone" proves just how far they will go to protect one another.   

Sweet Revenge has it all--a gripping romantic suspense, a sexy read, and a captivating hero. I cannot wait to read more about the Sins Brothers, with the first book, Forgotten Sins, and the upcoming release of Blind Faith






4 comments:

  1. I can not believe you missed this series. OMG I love it and all Rebecca Zanetti work. I am reading it now and loving it. Not very far into it but so far a few people told me about a shocker moment they did not see coming. I hope I get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard about it, just never saw any reviews--at least that I can remember. :)
      I saw the shocker, but it was still a good one. :)
      Let me know when you finish. OH--the first book is on NetGalley. I swear, if I wasn't behind, I'd get it.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully be done tonight or tomorrow. Holidays are kicking my butt ,work is kicking my butt, home life is busy too so bedtime I am exhausted get a few chapters in and I am passed out.

    I hear you on getting caught up on Netgalley. I am not getting has much either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holidays are driving me crazy--too much going on and not enough hours to get it done. Now I have friends coming over this weekend, which I do not mind--but now I need to clean. And on top of it all, my shoulder is killing me. Hope I am not getting into what happened last year with my neck. UGH. It was totally debilitating.
      NetGalley is my crack--I have 14 on my list to read--ACK!

      Better go get busy, lol. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels