Monday, December 31, 2012

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...



I saw a great post over at one of my favorite blog sites--TalkSupe--and I thought I'd do a list of my own favorite things and share them with my followers. 

Of course, books is at the top of the list. Whether they are paperback, hardback, eBook...doesn't matter. I really have no preference. A book to me is like a portal to another world. And I love to lose myself in a good story. 


1.




2. Every morning. Gotta have. Hazelnut. And lots of refills.







3. Great music. Favorite bands on hand. Lots of drums. Lots of guitar. And a few tatted rockers to seal the deal. 


4. I don't watch a lot of t.v. Only about 3 shows do I DVR to watch whenever I get a free moment. But those I love to watch, I'm a die-hard fan for. Sons of Anarchy. Drop Dead Diva. The Voice (ahem-Adam Levine and Blake Shelton)



















5. Great friends and going to conventions--sharing my passion for the written word with those who have that same passion. 

My bestie Leta-who I have know practically all my life. She is the other half of me (the best half) and has a heart of gold. She loves me despite my faults...and believe me--there's a LOT! 
 CL Parker is another BFF who makes me smile whenever I've had a pretty shitty day. She's also the gal that I depend on to give it to me straight--whether it's what I want to hear or not. 
One day, my friend, we'll co-author a best seller and rock that shit! 



Britta you are just freakishly amazing. There are no other words to describe your crazy-ass self. And seriously, I wouldn't want you any other way. This was taken the night we went to see Nickelback in concert--still the best freakin' concert--EVER! 
p.s. don't look at my freakishly wide ass. Please. 



6. Great authors who make you feel all gooey and shit when you are finally in their presence. They are normal folks, just like us, and go out of their way to make you feel special. These ladies (left to right--Donna Grant, Jaci Burton, Suzanne (The QUEEN) Brockmann, Sherrilyn Kenyon (who is just absolutely GORGEOUS), Gena Showalter and Kresley Cole---these woman are not just fabulous authors, but friendly, heart-on-their-sleeves kind of gals that I'd bake a cake for any day of the week!  







7.  Freebies. Really, any kind of freebies. But books in particular are always appreciated. And not only that--I get to offer them to you during giveaways! I love to spread the love! 





8. Last, but never LEAST--my family. They rock my world. They love and accept me--warts and all. They drive me crazy. They make me insane. But I love them with ALL of my heart and soul. I could not and would not choose to do this crazy life without them. I love you. 




**This is dedicated to a super fantastically beautiful Kellye Baker. I am so glad that I got to know you and spend time with you and some other really great gals in NYC. Your smile radiated such warmth and genuine love. You are truly gonna be missed the hell out of and God now has the most special of Angels with him. 

Megan, Me, and Kellye


2 comments:

  1. Love all your beautiful fun photos!

    Came back from Vacation in Nov. loving Sons of Anarchy. Haha I watch it on my Kindle through NetGalley late at night. Still only few episodes in season 2. I have been reading more. Love Adam and Blake on The Voice. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WD~ thank you so much for checking out a few of my favorite things :)
    I just started watching SOA and bought the first season DVD-I don't watch a lot of t.v., but wanted to give this one a try--I"M HOOKED. Now I have finished season one and bought season two this past weekend :) I.WANT.JAX.
    He looks young, but I could so train him just exactly how I want him, lol.
    Hope you had a great New Year's !

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels