How to join in:
- You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads. Some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 and Over adult reads should be your majority.
- Make a separate post for the 18 and Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.
- Copy the button above and place it at the top of your post.
- List answer the ‘Question of the Week.’
- Place your name and blog title in the linky below and the url for a direct link to your post.
- Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. :) It’s always nice to spread the 18 and Over Over Book Blogging love!
- Contact Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Question of the Week: What is your favorite romantic trope to read about and which is your least favorite?
Friends to lovers. Why? Well, being married for 20 + years I can attest on how important it is to LIKE the person you marry. It's like the backbone to a great relationship. And as far as reading, I love it when the hero is metaphorically slapped upside the head when he realizes the woman he wants and needs in his life has been right there all along. Sigh, Swoon.
Hmm...that's a toughie. If a story is written well and told in a way that engages me and has intriguing characters, then I'll read it. Doesn't matter to me if it lacks a little bit of originality.
But looking back at the books that I couldn't finish (and there have been a handful lately), it was the one dimensional characters that lacked depth and sympathy that stopped me from continuing--not the plot line.
So, I guess what I'm saying is I don't really have a least favorite. If you get me turning the pages and devouring your book, then you've done your job! And I am ever so thankful for losing myself in the fictional world you created.
What about you? I'd love to hear what you think--leave me a comment and let me know.
Have a great weekend!